These small energy balls taste wonderfully Christmassy and are a delicious snack for in between. They are not as sweet as the usual sweets at Christmas time and also contain many healthy ingredients. Nicely packaged in a beautiful glass or box, they really make a difference and you can conjure up healthy Christmas confectionery in no time at all. If you put the apricot and almond energy balls individually in small paper confectionery molds, they will not roll back and forth or be squeezed when they are stored. As a gift, they also look a bit more elegant. The apricot and almond energy balls are also very suitable as a homemade gift or souvenir for health-conscious people, vegans or raw foodists.
You can find more delicious Christmas recipes here. ♥
(for approx. 30-35 balls)
- 200g soft apricots or 100g soft apricots + 100g marzipan paste
- 150g almonds
- 30g almond butter (light or dark)
- 40g desiccated coconut + 2-3 tbsp to roll
- 40-50g maple syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons of cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
- 2-3 drops of bitter almond flavor (optional)
- Finely chop the apricots, marzipan (if desired) and almonds in a powerful blender. Alternatively, chop the three ingredients individually in a lightning chopper. Thermomix: 1 min./ level 8
- Now knead the apricots, almonds and possibly marzipan with the remaining ingredients to a homogeneous mass. Thermomix: Add the remaining ingredients and knead for 30 seconds per dough setting.
- Season the finished mass again with regard to sweetness and spices.
- Then form small balls and roll them in desiccated coconut.
- It is best to store it in a cool and dry place.
❤ Have fun copying ❤