Today I have brought you a wonderfully hearty and very tasty crate bread recipe, my rye cornling. A pure rye bread with whole grains, whole meal and sunflower seeds. The preparation couldn't be easier. This loaf of bread is very juicy, has a great aroma and is particularly fresh ... ♥
Three types of rye flour, a good portion of grist and additionally roasted sunflower seeds make this bread not only very tasty, but also a real powerhouse and filler! I freshly ground my forest rye myself for this. Personally, that's what I like best. The bread tastes strong, aromatic, slightly nutty and delicious all round! When it's cold and uncomfortable outside, we often have strong and hearty bread on the table. In addition, the last two bread recipes here on the blog were a bit lighter in terms of flour. (The Apple nut crust and the Fondue bread) So it's time for some contrasting program. So today it's strong and rustic.
Delicious is that easy
The recipe for Rye Kornling closes a gap in my range of simple breads that cook overnight. Because a pure rye bread was definitely missing in this collection so far. I baked it for the first time last summer, originally for an external project. However, since it fits so well into the easypeasy overnight box bread collection, I do not want to withhold the recipe from you. The actual working time is very short with this bread, as with the other recipes based on this method.
Simple loaf of bread with overnight cooking
As already mentioned, here on the blog you will find a whole range of very simple bread crates with overnight cooking. Super easy and practical when there is little time or leisure to bake. Maybe you would like to try one or the other recipe:
- Forest Nut Bread | Simple box bread with walnut
- Original grain bin | simple sourdough bread
- Kamut carrot box with pecans
- Potato and Pumpkin Seed Bread
- Red grain sweet potato bread
- Whole bread with malt beer
- Pumpkin kamut box
- Potato and Pumpkin Seed Bread
- Potato Kefir Box
- White spelled bread
- Good morning white bread
- Malt beer bread
- Grain box
- Whole grain spelled and carrot bread
- Alpenruch bread
- Grain bread with kefir
I just love this type of box bread! The ingredients are mixed in no time and the long maturing time with very little sourdough (or, depending on the recipe, yeast) gives the bread really great flavors. This rye kernel is not only very juicy, but also has a very good freshness. What more could a simple bread ask for ?! So be sure to try it out. Have fun baking ... ♥Print
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
11 hours 50 minutes
- Total Time:
1 loaf from 1 kg bread mold
Dinner, bread, breakfast
German - German
- 250 g Rye flour type 1370 / Alpine rye (or rye 1150 + Wholemeal rye flour mixed in half)
- 150 g Rye flour type 1150 / champagne rye type 1000
- 150 g Whole grain rye flour / z. B. Forest rye ()
- 50 g Rye meal, fine to medium (or hearty flakes of your choice)
- 525 g Water (40 ° C)
- 150 g Buttermilk (room temperature)
- 30 g Anstellgut vom sour dough (ASG) (very fit! Otherwise 20 g refreshed sourdough)
- 15 g Beet syrup
- 10 g alternatively inactive baking malt / rye malt
- 5 g ground psyllium husks / aquaposa
- 14 g salt
- 75 g Sunflower seeds, roasted
- Rye flour (I: forest rye wholemeal flour) (for sprinkling)
- Food processor:
Dissolve the items to be set in the water.
Add all the other ingredients for the dough, except for the sunflower seeds and salt.
Mix for 4 minutes at slow speed in the food processor, if possible with the flat beater or flexible stirring element (with rubber lip).
Add sunflower seeds and salt and continue mixing for 1 minute on slow speed.
Put the ingredients and water in the mixing bowl, mix for 30 seconds / speed 3.
Add all other ingredients for the dough except for the sunflower seeds and salt, 2 minutes | Dough kneading stage.
Add sunflower seeds and salt, 1 minute / dough setting.
- Grease the loaf pan and sprinkle generously with rye flour or with a suitable permanent baking foil interpret.
- Then distribute the dough in the baking pan.
- Smooth out with a dampened spatula and sprinkle with plenty of rye flour.
(The loaf pan is half full.)
- Cover and cook for 9-12 hours at 22-24 ° C. (Me: about 9.5 h)
At the end of the rising time, the dough should reach about 1 cm below the edge of the 1 kg bread pan.
(The ripening time depends very much on the topping, so it can be shorter or longer. Experience has shown that the fermentation takes less with refreshed sourdough or extremely fit topping.)
- Preheat the oven in good time to 230 ° C top / bottom heat (210 ° C hot air / circulating air).
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 60-70 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, lower the heat to 190 ° C (170 ° C hot air / circulating air).
After another 40 minutes, remove from the loaf pan and finish baking without the pan.
- Let cool down completely after baking.
If you want, you can spray the bread with a little water immediately after baking.
(Gladly cut in on the next day.)
Size of the bread pan:
1 kg bread pan = approx. 23.0 x 11.0 x 9.5 cm
Keywords: Alpine rye, Anstellgut, high fiber, champagne rye, simple, oat flakes, yeast-free, autumn, loaf of bread, grains, Mazi, without yeast, rye, rye bread, rye flour, wholemeal rye flour, sourdough, sourdough bread, fast, sunflower seeds, Thermomix5, Tm31, , Ancient grain, ancient grain, whole grain, whole grain flour, forest perennial rye