In keeping with today's Valentine's Day, I have the recipe for these hearty children's chocolate cupcakes or muffins for you today. You can vary the recipe so however you like and you can use it to conjure up delicious, juicy muffins or pretty cupcakes. The preparation is not difficult and both the baking and the topping can be prepared in peace the day before consumption. Make sure to try the recipe, the cupcakes are not only popular with children ... :-) With this in mind, I wish you a happy Valentine's Day. ❤
You can find more delicious recipes that children like here.
(for 12 pieces)
- 250 g flour
- 250g buttermilk
- 125g sugar
- 1 sachet of (bourbon) vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 75ml oil (tasteless)
- 100g children's bars
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200g cream
- 200g children's bars
- 2 teaspoons of SanApart or 1 sachet of cream stabilizer
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract * (click)
- A muffin pan Line with 12 hollows with muffin tins made of paper or grease if necessary.
- Cut or break 100g children's bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top / bottom heat. (Hot air 160 ° C)
- Mix the egg with the sugar, vanilla sugar, buttermilk and oil briefly in a mixing bowl with a mixer (stirring sticks) or in a food processor with a flat beater (Thermomix: 30 sec / level 4).
- Now mix the flour with the baking powder and baking soda as well as add the cocoa and salt and mix into a creamy dough. (Thermomix: 20 sec / level 4).
- Now the children's chocolate pieces are lifted under the dough. This is best done with a spatula.
- Now the finished dough is distributed in the muffin pan. This works very well and "spill-free" with a large portioner, a filling quantity usually corresponds to exactly the right amount of batter for the muffin tin.
- The muffins are then baked in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (lower third).
- Please do the chopstick test in good time.
- I let the muffins cool in the baking tin on a wire rack and then cover or store them in a cake container so they don't dry out.
- Chop the children's bars. Thermomix: 10 sec / level 8
- Bring the cream to the boil briefly in a saucepan, turn off the stove and stir in the chopped chocolate and possibly vanilla until everything has combined well. Thermomix: 2:30 min / 45 ° C / level 2
- Let the mass cool down and then cover it well, preferably overnight, let it cool well in the refrigerator. After it was finished, I poured it into the container in which I opened it later.
- For whipping you use the hand mixer, the whisk for the food processor and the whisk Thermomix the butterfly (possibly cool the mixing bowl beforehand).
- Whip the mixture briefly, then add the SanApart / cream stiffener and continue to whip until it becomes a creamy, airy mixture. Thermomix: With butterfly / without time setting - under visual contact / level 3
- When the mixture is ready, you fill it in a garnish syringe or a piping bag (both with an open star nozzle).
- Then you spray the mixture in circular motions on your cupcakes and decorate them as you wish.
- If the cupcakes are not to be eaten straight away, they should be stored covered in the refrigerator from now on. My matching lid for Muffin pan is high enough for this, or a cake topper can be used as an alternative.