Today I have a recipe for homemade marshmallows for you. But they are not just any marshmallows, no, they are “unicorn” marshmallows. At the moment there is a real unicorn mania ...
There are recipes for cakes, cupcakes and biscuits with a unicorn look everywhere. There are even clothes and shower gels printed with unicorns in the most beautiful rainbow and pastel colors.
That's why the current topic of the ongoing blogger parade is unicorn mania, in which I'm part of this time. At this blogger parade you will find great ideas on all the participating blogs on the topic of unicorn mania, such as great ideas for handicrafts or even for kitchen magic ...
By the way, under my post you will find the links to the other participating blogs.
I think tender, fluffy, colorful and glittering marshmallows fit this trend perfectly. If you don't like it that playful, then you can of course just leave your marshmallows white. They taste just as good, you will see ... you should definitely try them out. Marshmallows are not difficult to make yourself. ????
- 18 g gelatine (2 sachets), also halal gelatine
- 300g powdered sugar + an additional 1 tbsp
- 30g vanilla sugar or 3 sachets of vanillin
- 180g water, cold
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pinch of salt
- some neutral cooking oil for the mold
- Food coloring pastes (e.g. from Dekoback),
- edible glitter (see Amazon)
- Sprinkle decorations as desired, e.g. sugar hearts
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl with the water, vanilla sugar and salt for a few minutes (approx. 5 minutes).
- During this time, sieve the cornstarch with a tablespoon of powdered sugar using a small sieve.
- Grease a form about 30 × 20 cm in size with a little oil and sprinkle with a little starch and powdered sugar mixture.
- Now the gelatin can be heated and melted slightly. To do this, the gelatine is dissolved with the soaking water in a small saucepan over the lowest heat while stirring. It must not get too hot, otherwise it will not gel later. Thermomix: 3 min. / 50 ° C / level 3
- Then this liquid is whipped together with the sifted powdered sugar for about 5 minutes (Mixer with stirrers / food processor with whisk)until an airy, loose mass is formed. Thermomix: insert butterfly, 8 min./ level 4
- After whipping, you can add color paste as you like and stir it in, or you can divide the mixture into small bowls to color them differently.
- Now the mass is poured into the prepared form and smoothed out and possibly decorated with glitter or sprinkles and then covered with cling film. If you have dyed the marshmellow mass in different colors, it looks particularly nice if you stir it in the mold with a fork or something similar (... before you spread the sprinkle decoration on it).
- The mass is cut-proof after four hours at the latest.
- Should you get the Marshmellow-Maces have not decorated any further, then you dust them again with the rest of them Starch and powdered sugar mixture.
- Now it can be toppled out of the mold and either cut into pieces or cut out with a cutter of your choice. The best thing to do is to turn the cut / gouged marshmallows out of the mold again in the starch-powdered sugar mixture. Otherwise they will stick to each other during storage.
- It is best to keep the marshmallows in airtight packaging ... ????